5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: EPSOM SALT
Friday is here, finally! It’s been a long week, and we’re looking to show ourselves a little love. If you read this week’s earlier post about self compassion, we wrote that taking care of your body is one of the most important things you can do to show yourself some love. One way to do that: epsom salt baths. That’s why this week’s 5 Fast Facts post is all about epsom salt.
1) Epsom salt is high in magnesium, which is essential for detoxifying cells. That’s why soaking in an epsom salt bath is so beneficial.
2) It can fade bruises! If you have a bruise, make a compress by soaking a wash cloth in cold water and epsom salt. Then apply it to your skin.
3) It’s anti-inflammatory properties can also help treat mild sunburns by alleviating itchiness and pain.
4) It’s not just good for your body. It can also be used as a fertilizer for magnesium loving plants like tomatoes and roses.
5) Epsom salt can also be used as natural pest control. It will scare away most bugs, without killing your lawn.
Who knew epsom salt had so many uses! It’s also been known to relieve itching from bug bites and it makes a great body scrub. Did we miss any clever DIY uses for epsom salt? Let us know in the comments.