5 FAST FACTS FRIDAY: WIMBLEDON.
It's that time of the year - Wimbledon is here! If we're not in line for a day pass, center court or court 1 - we’re practically glued to the television! So, it’s only fitting that we celebrate the occasion with a 5 Fast Facts post about one of our favourite tennis events:
1) Wimbledon is one of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments including the Australian Open, the US Open, and the French Open.
2) There are around 250 ball boys and ball girls who go through an intense training routine before the event.
3) Wimbledon is the only Grand Slam event to take place on a grass court.
4) Strawberries and cream are a traditional snack for spectators at Wimbledon! We’re talking an average quantity of 28,000 kilograms of strawberries throughout the tournament. That’s almost 62,000 pounds!
5) Wimbledon dates back to 1877.
Need a delicious cocktail to enjoy while during your Wimbledon viewing party? Check out the Pimm’s cocktail we served up earlier this week. Have a happy Friday!