FIVE FAST FACTS FRIDAY: SWIMMING
It might be the first day of September, but we are clinging on to the last few days of Summer with every cell of our bodies! What doesn't scream Summer than swimming? We're sure some of you will be poolside this weekend, so we thought we'd dedicate this weeks post to swimming.
1) Swimming works out all the body's main muscles, making it a non impact full body workout!
2) In the 1300’s the first swimming goggles were made from tortoise shells, the first rubber goggles were made in the 1930’s
3) An Olympic size swimming pool can hold 700,000-850,000 gallons of water
4) The oldest swimming stroke is Breaststroke, which is also the slowest stroke swum at the Olympics
5) ‘Piscine’ the French word for swimming pool, comes from the Latin Piscine which means fishpond
What other facts do you have about swimming that we missed? Share them with us in the comments below.
Have a great Friday!