FIVE FAST FACTS FRIDAY: DANCING
Whether you danced growing up, dance professionally or dance it out at the weekends, there's no denying how good dancing makes you feel. Research proves that dancing also reduces stress and tension for the mind and body. So here's some facts - somewhat random, yes we'll agree- but facts nonetheless.
1) Dance has been an important part of ceremony, rituals, celebrations and entertainment since before the birth of the earliest human civilizations.
2) By the 18th century ballet had migrated from the French and Italian royal courts to the Paris Opera. It was during this time that ballet become its own art form.
3) Dancers are known to be disciplined, focused and high achievers who tend to be successful students and hard workers.
4) The dance world is full of superstitions. By saying "break a leg" before a show, people are saying the exact opposite of what they hope will happen on stage.
5) A world record for the longest conga dance line was set by 119,986 people in Miami in 1988
Do you have a fact about dancing you want to share? Leave it in the comments below.